The Company was recently incorporated as the holding company for PayAsia (collectively PayGroup or Group). The Group is a provider of BPO solutions and Cloud (Software as a Service or SaaS) based Human Capital Management (HCM) software, operating in the Asia Pacific region for multinational companies, and today services over 400 client entities with more than 31,000 client employees across 18 countries. PayAsia is headquartered in Singapore, and as at 31 December 2017, the Group had 111 employees located across 8 countries. Clients are typically medium to large multinational companies with employees in multiple countries in the Asia Pacific region.
The Group operates as a trusted partner to perform the outsourced payroll process for the client employees including banking, treasury, lodgement of statutory submissions including taxation, superannuation, pension, provident funds, and other social benefits. Beyond its BPO Payroll Services, the Group’s SaaS HCM software product suite supports clients in managing aspects of their employees life cycle, plus regional and mobile-enabled workflows for critical processes (such as employee and manager self-service, leave management and expense management). The Group will be leveraging the flexibility of its Cloud deployment capabilities to further implement its SaaS HCM suite in additional countries within and outside of the Asia Pacific region.
What market or industry does the Company/ the Group operate in?The Group operates within the Asia Pacific region providing:
- “BPO Market” services which covers the provision of “Payroll Services” to businesses ranging in size from micro (<10 client employees) to large (>10,000 client employees). BPO Payroll Services are fully or partially outsourced for single or multi country.
- “HCM Software Market” services including software solutions for human resources (HR) administration functions, including expense management, electronic pay slips, leave management, workflow and employee updates. These can be deployed in the “Cloud” to businesses of all sizes.
Market sizeAsia Pacific Market – BPO
In 2016, the BPO market grew significantly in the Emerging Asia Pacific region at 10.3% growth in constant currency. The growth in Emerging Asia Pacific region outperformed the overall growth in IT services by 2.6%. These figures indicate to us that Emerging Asia Pacific countries have potential for growth.Asia Pacific Market – HCM Software
In 2016, the HCM market grew in USD in the Mature Asia and Emerging Asia Pacific at 14.3% and 9.5% respectively. The growth in Emerging Asia Pacific region outperformed the overall growth in the software market and all achieved higher growth than the ERP market.
How does the Group generate its revenue?
The Group generates repetitive revenues through both its BPO and HCM Cloud products. Revenue is primarily derived from our BPO Payroll Services and HCM software applications to clients. The basis of the BPO Payroll Services revenue is derived from the number of employees of each client entity, subject to a minimum fee per client. The use of per employee per month (PEPM) as the basis of calculation is applied to the employee number and in instances where the employee count is below a set number of employees as agreed by the Group and the client entity, a minimum fee is levied. For our HCM software applications or modules, revenue is generated from the number of employees of each client entity on a monthly basis (i.e. PEPM).
What are the key business segments?
BPO Payroll Services The Group is a provider of local and multi country payroll and HR BPO services, with clients located across 18 countries in Asia Pacific. Historically our BPO Payroll Services have contributed the majority of revenue for the Group. Cloud HCM Software products The Group offers Cloud HCM software solutions through a set of software modules.
What is the Group’s geographical and client footprint?
As at 31 December 2017
What are the Group’s key growth strategies?
- Accelerated revenue growth by leveraging clients and adding services, countries and additional HCM modules.
- Increase sales and marketing activities by the addition of resources in Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong and other key selling markets.
- New client acquisition by recruitment of salespeople in key markets.
- Increase adoption of its Cloud solutions and improve operational efficiencies as a result of the planned investment.
- Becoming a leader in the multi-country BPO market by targeting and partnering with North American and European BPO providers who have a need for the Group’s services to address the fast-growing demand of their clients in the Asia Pacific region.
- Implementation of treasury functions to facilitate faster processing and reduced transaction/foreign exchange fees for our clients as well as rolling out in the near term a Payroll Debit Card for our clients. The anticipated revenue and cost benefits from these activities are anticipated only to occur from FY19 onwards.
Specialist multi-country service provider
The Company (as the ultimate holding company of the Group) focuses on delivering BPO and Cloud HCM services and solutions on a multi country basis for multinational companies regardless of their employee size. The Group, while being able to service clients on a single country basis, is differentiated by its experienced management team and over a decade to act as a trusted partner for clients in managing their employees across multiple, complex jurisdictions. For example, our BPO division is able to support clients in paying their employees across 18 countries and approximately 485 cities in India. This multi-country service approach has been a core driver in client growth to date, and is anticipated to support PayGroup in adding new clients as well as referral alliances with North American and European HCM providers. These strategic partners are typically strong in servicing clients in their own region, and need to partner with other BPO and Cloud providers in international regions where they are not currently represented in the Asia Pacific region.